March 11, 2010

Awesome Sauce

One of my loves in life is bad movies. Yup. I loves me a bloody awful film, with poor effects, cheesy over the top acting, and absurdly mis-used budgets. I love them even more if they are scifi, but that is generally true of all things in my life. Thus, as I'm sure you can imagine, I love MST3K (Mystery Science Theater 3000) to the blue, blue sky. Goofy robots and human mocking really terrible movies on a space station and/or satellite. This, my friends, is tv with awesome sauce. If you are interested, I know a lot of them are available for instant view on netflix and on hulu. I grew up watching the show ever Saturday, and have probably seen every single one at some point. My absolute fave? The Final Sacrifice. Bad Canadian film about a cult. Worth it for the Canada jokes, alone (like contagious hockey hair), my family and I have watched this episode dozens of times, and even taped it on an old VHS, back before DVR...

Anyways, this new tumblr takes stills from various MST3K episodes and crafts haikus to pair with them. It is delightful -- though probably most funny to those who have some familiarity with either bad scifi flicks or MST3K. In any case, it made me giggle so I thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment