August 18, 2009

Tabula Rasa

I just moved into a spacious townhome with my man and as we slowly unpack boxes and shove around furniture, I'm trying to decide how to decorate. One thing I love about moving is the blank slate it provides -- sure, I have objects and art from previous design schemes, so I could probably just copy those but I have all these lovely blank walls, so why not try something new?? And with all our lofted three storey ceilings I'm going to have to come up with something on a much larger scale than ever before. Of course, it will take me about a month or so to figure out what exactly to do... but for now, here are some bits of inspiration.

Fabric Panels and a diy guide by the creator!

Twinkly drapes from a music club opening... Could be interesting as a wall hanging, as a divide between our staircase and living room, or as drapes tied back between rooms...

Paper star lamps that I would either suspend from the ceiling or hang against a wall in a cluster. Perhaps also against a fabric backdrop?

I may also just hang long strips of pretty fabric from floor to ceiling for some color and texture... Basically, I want color and texture on these white dull giant walls, but need to do it on a budget and following apartment guidelines. As I make my plans, I'll be sure to post more info!

In the meantime, check out this great
Apartment Therapy
piece on budget wall decor -- some are a bit funky, but all could be easily tailored to any style or situation...

No comments:

Post a Comment